Yogs Burrow Problems

Please add a Turret nearby to Yogs Burrow. While I appreciate and understand the intention behind not adding one, it is simply not working out the way Ant wanted. Ever since the update that restructured Yogs Burrow and especially over the past week (3/19/2018-3/26/2018) Yogs Burrow has been infested with many Dry or Half Dry Yog Scrubs. (Dry="You may not acquire anymore sweat from this creature")

I happened to catch a few players doing the following:
  1. -Player Pulls a Yog Scrub, dies and waits for health to regenerate to full then returns to Burrow to pull another different Yog. Player repeats this process leaving many dry or half dry Yogs laying around. Not Swhunting a single one.
  2. -Player Pulls a Yog Scrub and completely dries it then the player logs out, causing the Yog to lose target and return to the Burrow. Player then logs in and pulls another different Yog and repeats the process, leaving many Dry Yogs wandering around. Again not Swhunting a single one.
  3. -Player pulls a Yog Scrub and completely dries it then the player mounts a Sleipnir or Quad Wing, causing the Yog Scrub to lose target and return to the Burrow. Player then pulls another different Yog and repeats the process, leaving many Dry Yogs wandering around. Again not Swhunting a single one.
There will always be lazy and thoughtless players, by not having a Turret at Yogs Burrow only the legitimate Swhunters are punished when they have to deal with the mess left behind. Rather than forcing the players to Swhunt and given no other option at the Burrow, it should be encouraged in other ways, the lazy find a way around it anyway. Unless the solution is as easily tangible and painless as a Turret then the lazy will invent their own solutions (as seen in the above examples) that are neither acceptable nor good for the community.

I like Swhunting and when it works Yogs Burrow is a great place to Swhunt but sadly the problems stated above have become far too common for me to enjoy the Burrow any longer. Thank you for your time, I love Monria and have enjoyed my time immensely here and hope something will be done to fix these problems.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Thank you for accepting my suggestion to come here, and for taking the time to post your experiences at the Yogs Burrow Lafiel, it's appreciated. I'm sure that Ant will address it when he gets back to the forum and has time.

If others are having issues at the Yogs Burrow, or have an opinion about having a turret or not, please post them in this thread. The Yogs Burrow was created specifically for our Monrian Born to have a nice and enjoyable place to sweat, and we want to make sure that this is what's happening. If not, then it does need to be sorted in some way so that it is.

Gunner

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
I'll add my thoughts on the issue as well. The way that I see it there are really two issues here, and I'd like to add a third point for consideration.

Lafiel is correct in her assessment. The lack of a turret is causing issues for players for two major reasons. The first reason is for those who swunt, and are left with dry or partially dry yogs. Lafiel covered this pretty thoroughly. so I won't rehash it. The second reason is for those who are low level not being able to properly kill the yogs, or not having the resources to do it. For new players it is sometimes hard to get ped to purchase ammo, weapons, etc., so when they run out, they just leave the dry yog and move on.

I do have to say that every planet I have sweated on has a way to dispose of the dry mobs without having to use player resources to kill them. Most planets have turrets near the sweating areas. Some places don't have turrets nearby, (for example Ancient Greece and Cyrene) but do have water nearby where they can drown the dry mobs. Having a method to dispose of a dry mob without using player resources is, imo, key to a good sweating area.

The second issue is the inconvenience of getting to Monria's yog burrow. Having a teleport nearby would help draw players there. I personally don't use the burrow that much because it is more convenient to teleport to the DSEC Mining area where there are LvL 3 yogs almost immediately available, and there is a turret. Yeah, I guess I am lazy in this way, but not having to travel far from where I am sweating is important to me.

The point I would like to add for consideration is this. I have sweated mobs on the moon and on every planet. My favorite mobs to solo sweat are Haters on RT, Caraboks on Ark, low level Cyclops in Ancient Greece, Paneleons on Cyrene, and Tabtabs on Toulan. (I don't really have a favorite mob to solo sweat on Caly, as it is not necessary. There is always a sweat circle somewhere.) What each of these mobs have in common is their heath (same as their sweat) verses their low DPS. The DPS on these mobs can be overcome by a decent evade score and the ability to out heal or almost break even on the player's health regeneration. The point is that I can solo sweat them with little fear of dying before the mob is dry. However, Monria is a different story. I am Evader level 14, and even with an Aeglic Ring Adjusted, it is about a 45% chance that I will die before the mob is dry. The reason for this is the amount of damage the lvl 3 Yog Shubs do, how often the yog hits, and the amount of hits that a sweater must withstand to get all 80 bottles of sweat. And while I could easily sweat Shoggoths, I prefer Yogs. It would be nice to have a level 2 Yog with 80 sweat that hits for 1-4 (or 1-3) damage as opposed to the level 3 Yog Scrub that hits for up to 5 damage.

For example only, here are the above listed mobs with health and damage stats:
Health/Max Damage
Hater 300/2
Carabok 10/3
Cyclops Outcast 20/3
Paneleon Weak 80/4
Tabtab Young 10/2
Yog Scrub 80/5

Anyway, that is my opinion and suggestions. Whatever you chose to do, I want to thank you for the awesome changes you have made to Monria so far.

Respectfully submitted,

Gunner

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
Please add a Turret nearby to Yogs Burrow. While I appreciate and understand the intention behind not adding one, it is simply not working out the way Ant wanted. Ever since the update that restructured Yogs Burrow and especially over the past week (3/19/2018-3/26/2018) Yogs Burrow has been infested with many Dry or Half Dry Yog Scrubs. (Dry="You may not acquire anymore sweat from this creature")

I happened to catch a few players doing the following:
  1. -Player Pulls a Yog Scrub, dies and waits for health to regenerate to full then returns to Burrow to pull another different Yog. Player repeats this process leaving many dry or half dry Yogs laying around. Not Swhunting a single one.
  2. -Player Pulls a Yog Scrub and completely dries it then the player logs out, causing the Yog to lose target and return to the Burrow. Player then logs in and pulls another different Yog and repeats the process, leaving many Dry Yogs wandering around. Again not Swhunting a single one.
  3. -Player pulls a Yog Scrub and completely dries it then the player mounts a Sleipnir or Quad Wing, causing the Yog Scrub to lose target and return to the Burrow. Player then pulls another different Yog and repeats the process, leaving many Dry Yogs wandering around. Again not Swhunting a single one.
There will always be lazy and thoughtless players, by not having a Turret at Yogs Burrow only the legitimate Swhunters are punished when they have to deal with the mess left behind. Rather than forcing the players to Swhunt and given no other option at the Burrow, it should be encouraged in other ways, the lazy find a way around it anyway. Unless the solution is as easily tangible and painless as a Turret then the lazy will invent their own solutions (as seen in the above examples) that are neither acceptable nor good for the community.

I like Swhunting and when it works Yogs Burrow is a great place to Swhunt but sadly the problems stated above have become far too common for me to enjoy the Burrow any longer. Thank you for your time, I love Monria and have enjoyed my time immensely here and hope something will be done to fix these problems.

Hey Rose, great feedback here thank you!

My original thinking as you said was to discourage as much as possible the afk sweating and the lack of turret is for this reason. I can see this is being circumvented. I am mindful of sweating on Monria which is part of the reason the Yog in the tunnel by the tp behaves the same. A turret was originally in my plan but I decided to leave it out to observe and then see how we can develop Yog Burrows going forward to encourage swunting activity. I think you have some valid points here and I'll take it on board for the future releases.

Keep giving me suggestions as I really like understanding this stuff. I try to play in as many different game styles as possible to get a deeper understanding but nothing beats real experience :)

Ant

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
I'll add my thoughts on the issue as well. The way that I see it there are really two issues here, and I'd like to add a third point for consideration.

Lafiel is correct in her assessment. The lack of a turret is causing issues for players for two major reasons. The first reason is for those who swunt, and are left with dry or partially dry yogs. Lafiel covered this pretty thoroughly. so I won't rehash it. The second reason is for those who are low level not being able to properly kill the yogs, or not having the resources to do it. For new players it is sometimes hard to get ped to purchase ammo, weapons, etc., so when they run out, they just leave the dry yog and move on.

I do have to say that every planet I have sweated on has a way to dispose of the dry mobs without having to use player resources to kill them. Most planets have turrets near the sweating areas. Some places don't have turrets nearby, (for example Ancient Greece and Cyrene) but do have water nearby where they can drown the dry mobs. Having a method to dispose of a dry mob without using player resources is, imo, key to a good sweating area.

The second issue is the inconvenience of getting to Monria's yog burrow. Having a teleport nearby would help draw players there. I personally don't use the burrow that much because it is more convenient to teleport to the DSEC Mining area where there are LvL 3 yogs almost immediately available, and there is a turret. Yeah, I guess I am lazy in this way, but not having to travel far from where I am sweating is important to me.

The point I would like to add for consideration is this. I have sweated mobs on the moon and on every planet. My favorite mobs to solo sweat are Haters on RT, Caraboks on Ark, low level Cyclops in Ancient Greece, Paneleons on Cyrene, and Tabtabs on Toulan. (I don't really have a favorite mob to solo sweat on Caly, as it is not necessary. There is always a sweat circle somewhere.) What each of these mobs have in common is their heath (same as their sweat) verses their low DPS. The DPS on these mobs can be overcome by a decent evade score and the ability to out heal or almost break even on the player's health regeneration. The point is that I can solo sweat them with little fear of dying before the mob is dry. However, Monria is a different story. I am Evader level 14, and even with an Aeglic Ring Adjusted, it is about a 45% chance that I will die before the mob is dry. The reason for this is the amount of damage the lvl 3 Yog Shubs do, how often the yog hits, and the amount of hits that a sweater must withstand to get all 80 bottles of sweat. And while I could easily sweat Shoggoths, I prefer Yogs. It would be nice to have a level 2 Yog with 80 sweat that hits for 1-4 (or 1-3) damage as opposed to the level 3 Yog Scrub that hits for up to 5 damage.

For example only, here are the above listed mobs with health and damage stats:
Health/Max Damage
Hater 300/2
Carabok 10/3
Cyclops Outcast 20/3
Paneleon Weak 80/4
Tabtab Young 10/2
Yog Scrub 80/5

Anyway, that is my opinion and suggestions. Whatever you chose to do, I want to thank you for the awesome changes you have made to Monria so far.

Respectfully submitted,

Gunner

Thanks Gunner,

I really like the idea of using a water source rather than a turret. This reminds me of when I started when groups would trap mobs to sweat them by running mobs to remote locations. There was lots of death involved and then later trapping became used to abuse the system which is where I think the unreachable mob thing came from. Anyway I like anything that can make sweating a bit more fun or somewhat of a group challenge, perhaps something using water would be less robotic than a turret.

On the Teleporter front, I'm trying to keep away from making areas too accessible. We no longer get lost anywhere, or trapped and need help because of the abundance of cars, tps and terminals. I would much rather that there was a purpose or motivation to going to places as opposed to it being too easy. This is the thinking behind the Yog Hatchlings and Rare pets in the crystal cavern, basically it's a bit of effort to get there but it's the only place where you can see these things. In an ideal world Monria would be scattered with these kind of surprises. Each in their own may not make a big difference but over time I think it will make Monria more interactive. I'm trying to be a little creative to avoid the grind fest of go to x location and kill y mobs then log out. There's a place for this and I definitely want more ways to grind for skills and other rewards.

That's a little long winded but I think what I'm trying to do is to think about the purpose behind locations and evolve them over time. I see future missions being a layer over this with some reason to go to certain places. We just need to come up with some ideas that would give some purpose to going to Yogs Burrow.

Interesting feedback on the mobs, I'll have to look into this a bit as there's quite a specific balance to the mobs and how they overlap.

Cod4

I just want to add that for newbies like me sweating solo there looks like this:
1) start sweating, earn about 0- 10 sweat(10, or 10+ is rare), die(and i have been sweating for some time, so my skills are not like total 0 ;P)
2) revive, heal over time, repeat "1)" until dry
3) take a new one
4) if there is nothing more to sweat look for another place
...and this is not because i am/ we are lazy, i just can't afford to kill them ATM, i am trying to earn some peds to buy basic stuff :) (I haven't buy anything in game so far)
The good thing is that I can sell gathered sweat to DME for 2 ped per 1k(MBP).

So from my(newbie) point of view turret is a must have there if u dont want to see dry Yogs in this place all the time.

Almost 1 Year later and Yog's Burrow is still suffering from the problems mentioned above. Every week I return to Monria to do my weekly crafting run and give Yog's Burrow another try. I always find at least 1-2 dry Yogs laying around and ignore them but for the past 3 weeks the Burrow has been FULL of dry Yogs, I found 4 dry in a row today before I gave up and flew back to Arkadia/Rocktropia after finishing my crafting.

I have a goal to Swhunt (Sweat until dry then kill) as many missions to completion as possible. Would love to do this for the Yog mission but 1 Year ago I gave up on the Burrow and left to other planets to do my Swhunting because of these problems.

Update- I returned around Entropia Universe time: 2019-01-14 10:40:04 after finishing my crafting run and found 15 dry yogs at the burrrow, that is ridiculous. :sos

Last edited:

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
I will have another look into Yog's Burrow. The scope for our next release is fixed so I won't be able to do anything until after that one but I will take a look at it. I think I need to re think how we utilize Yog's Burrow perhaps...

Ant

Lumiya

VCAT Team Member
Don't know if its includes mobs that are sweated dry, we might need to test it or some1 can comfirm this?

Should be solved according MA.

Entropia Universe 15.20.2 Release Notes
22 Jan 2019
Fixed Issues

• Fixed an issue causing “Loot is claimed by someone else” situations when defeating a creature with full health. Previously damaged creatures will reset their loot rights calculation after regenerating to full health. Will still store the PED value on the target so no money is lost.

Top Bottom