Looking for a Monria shop to buy

Gunner

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
I am very happy to say that I recently won an apartment here on Monria! Since Monria is my new "forever home," I am looking for a shop (including its outside advertising area) to buy. Please PM me in game (or post here) if you have one you wish to sell.

Thank you,

Tomac Gunner Wayman

a.k.a. Gunner

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I have to share that when I delivered Gunner's new apartment to him that he won in our Halloween event, I don't think I've ever seen ANYone as excited as he was. His comments in PM were just jumping off the screen.

He is incredibly enthusiastic about becoming an official Monria resident, and has great plans for settling right in, so welcome again Gunner, and I wish you success in finding your shop too.

Spawn

My old shop is being resold for a higher price on planetcalypso auction atm. Chtylla tower shop nr 5.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
My old shop is being resold for a higher price on planetcalypso auction atm. Chtylla tower shop nr 5.

He knows that Spawn, and thank you, but he wants a shop that includes the display area. We had a chat about this on Sunday when he asked me about your old shop and the auction price because he wanted to know if it was a fair price compared to what other shops sold for. I think people considering it should know that it doesn't include the display area because that's a deal you made with Romeo when you sold your shop to him -- that you would keep the display area, and Gunner was unaware of this.

Unless you're giving up the display area? If not, then Romeo might be hard-pressed to sell the shop, and if he sells it to someone on auction who doesn't know the current agreement, thinking they're getting the shop and display area, there's potential for someone being really upset.

It doesn't seem that Romeo has disclosed this information, but rather just listed the shop on the Calypso auction.

Romeo

Shop Owner
It doesn't seem that Romeo has disclosed this information, but rather just listed the shop on the Calypso auction.

Every Entropian that has mailed me about the shop has been informed of the display area being owned by another party and is also informed that it is unlikely they would sell the display area. I quit the game shortly after buying it and will hold it until I can unload it for a reasonable price.

Sad part is, other than one person with a reasonable offer, the only offers I have received for it have all been under 1,000 PED and the troll mails come in more so than offers do telling me, "I could buy several Calypso apartments for that" or "Thats half the price of the mall" or my favorite, "Are you high?"

Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Hi Romeo, I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time with the shop, and I think the reason you may be getting the kinds of comments you are about the Monria shop is perhaps they don't know the value of the shop and how things work on Monria. I was real excited for you to get the shop when we talked in the game and was ready to help however possible, but I'm sorry to hear that you quit the game.

Because of the value of the Monria shops, I can understand why the previous owner would want to at least keep the display area. We support our Shop Owners more than pushing the Monria Auction because we want them to succeed. If for any reason you should change your mind, please let me know.

I wish you the best. :)

Gunner

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
First I would like to thank everyone for their kind words towards me. I am very happy to be a new member of the Monria community! But I didn't mean to make anyone upset over my store search.

I'll summarize: I am willing to pay a fair price for a store on Monria. According to my research, the most recent stores have sold for 7k - 8k, which is what I am willing to offer, depending on location etc.. Please correct me if I am wrong about this, but I believe that is correct. And yes, of course I would want the storefront display area. It only makes sense that it would come with the store purchase. Separating the two would make it difficult to sell the store later, and besides what shop owner wouldn't want the ability to take advantage of the "free" advertising area to promote their shop?

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
You are most welcome Gunner, and I think that the normal course of discussion in this thread was a good thing, because it brings forth information that's important to know. You had asked me about the shop on the Caly auction that Romeo put up, but didn't know that it didn't come with the display area.

All of this is a good thing for your sake in your efforts to find a Monria shop because you're investing in a business. I agree that the shop front display is important to have not only from an advertising perspective, but also with regard to any future sale efforts which would make it hard without being able to include the display area.

I hope that you find the perfect shop, but in the meantime, I know that you're looking for a Shopkeeper to place in your apartment, and that's a good start. Let me know when you have it and I will set up a dedicated area for you in the Shop Owners section of the forum. :)

Gunner

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member

I hope that you find the perfect shop, but in the meantime, I know that you're looking for a Shopkeeper to place in your apartment, and that's a good start. Let me know when you have it and I will set up a dedicated area for you in the Shop Owners section of the forum. :)

Thank you so much for help and support DME.

If anyone has a shopkeeper that they no longer want, or that they are trying to unload at a decent price, please shoot me a tell in game. :)

I love Monria!

sluggo

Official PED Donator, Friend of Lootius
Shop Owner
Is there any reason why the display areas are separate from the shops? Is this normal on all planets or whatnot?.

To be honest though, a person really is not going to 'see' your display area unless they are walking into your shop to be honest, yes it is nice to have a sign but in the towers, a person is heading there anyways, before they see the sign. Not too many people site see going floor to floor in the towers.

With this said, if getting custody of your display area is going to be a pain, Id honestly not worry too hard about it. With the ability to announce your shop in game, and in the forum here, word will get out. It's inconvenient but not really a killer if that makes sense.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
To the contrary Sluggo ... I can see Shop 2 and Shop 5 displays very clearly when I get off the TP on floor 9 of the towers, and the big Gigantium signs with the shop advertising is a nice draw. Those are the only 2 shops that you can see from the TPs in the towers, and since the shop that Romeo is trying to sell is Shop 5, I think it would be extremely advantageous to have the display area as well.

The other thing to consider is ... if someone else has control of the display area like Spawn does, and who has a shopkeeper outside the entryway of that shop, then people might find what they want in that shopkeeper and not go into the shop itself, which would mean lost sales for the Shop Owner.

And Gunner ... you are very welcome. If I come across anyone selling a shopkeeper, or hear of another shop up for sale, I'll let you know. :)

sluggo

Shop Owner
Well yes, I do stand corrected there if it's one of the main ones on the teleport / crafting floor now that I looked there again. When I had mine, I didn't think it let you put signs that far out or maybe that was part of the bugs that got fixed on them?

sluggo

Gunner

Shop Owner
VCAT Team Member
... I can see Shop 2 and Shop 5 displays very clearly when I get off the TP on floor 9 of the towers, and the big Gigantium signs with the shop advertising is a nice draw. Those are the only 2 shops that you can see from the TPs in the towers, and since the shop that Romeo is trying to sell is Shop 5, I think it would be extremely advantageous to have the display area as well.

The other thing to consider is ... if someone else has control of the display area like Spawn does, and who has a shopkeeper outside the entryway of that shop, then people might find what they want in that shopkeeper and not go into the shop itself, which would mean lost sales for the Shop Owner.

Which I think it specifically addresses why someone would want to control the advertising areas. If there is no advantage to owning (or controlling) the display areas, then we wouldn't be having this discussion. The obvious answer is that the display areas do have value, and that is why control of the display areas should always be included with the sale of the shop.

Anyway, that is my 2 pecs of thought on the issue.

sluggo

Shop Owner
Why are they separate here then? A design bug, on purpose or what? If it is a bug, what are the c hances of getting it fixed, especially now that there is a custody split?

sluggo

Top Bottom