Monria VU 4.2 - The Order of the Elder Gods

Eugenio Anhithe Wilde

Moon Manager
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
The Order of the Elder Gods

The start of a new mission chain "The Order of the Elder Gods" has been implemented.
  • Speak to Pinthas at DSEC Forensics to find out more

horns.jpg

Armour Face Masks

• The Armour face masks had issues with certain hairstyles and so we replaced them with a 'helmet' and applied the texture to match the rest of the armour. I am not happy with the end result so there will be a further graphical update to make the back of the helmet match the texture on the face mask.
Armour Titles
  • Armour now should display whether it is limited or not and the gender correctly
Known issues:

Mining Repeatable Missions
  • There have been technical challenges with Curd who refuses to give out daily tokens and this will be fixed in a future release
Armour Face Masks
  • As mentioned above the Armour face masks will be fixed in a future release.
The Horns of Z'agol
  1. They are actually on backwards (the horns are supposed to protrude to the front). You'll see this if you look at the picture in last VU notes, looks like this was just an oversight.
  2. We should not be able to equip them with a helmet or an armour mask. This is because we shouldn't be able to equip two items in the head slot with attributes (in this case armour defense stats with the reload buff). I'm guessing this got through testing.

Thanks
Ant

Last edited:

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Community & Media Manager
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
The following has been discovered with the new Pinthas mission: "The Order of the Elder Gods"
  • for those who have the old "Monria's Untold Story: Lost Chapters" still active
  • --- that mission will update in your Mission Tracking list with the new name
  • --- it will also show the number of chapters you have collected, as well as what the reward will be
  • --- unfortunately, you don't get to see the dialogue from the Pinthas mission ... I posted it below
  • for those of you who completed the old mission and turned it in already
  • --- your Mission Tracking list will update the title of the mission and show it in your completed missions list
  • --- there is currently a bug that doesn't allow you to interact with Pinthas to take the new mission
  • --- this has been reported
The Pinthas NPC is to the right of the Sachem Ursa NPC at DSEC Forensics

Entropia 2019-04-10 08-06-41-84.jpg Entropia 2019-04-10 07-53-58-81.jpg

Here is the dialogue for the new Pinthas mission -- "The Order of the Elder Gods"

Entropia 2019-04-10 07-21-19-49.jpg Entropia 2019-04-10 07-21-23-80.jpg Entropia 2019-04-10 07-21-39-05.jpg Entropia 2019-04-10 07-21-30-23.jpg Entropia 2019-04-10 07-21-35-60.jpg Entropia 2019-04-10 07-21-43-35.jpg

Entropia 2019-04-10 07-21-48-46.jpg Entropia 2019-04-10 07-21-52-80.jpg Entropia 2019-04-10 07-21-56-16.jpg Entropia 2019-04-10 07-22-00-42.jpg Entropia 2019-04-10 07-22-05-89.jpg Entropia 2019-04-10 07-22-10-97.jpg

As soon as there is an update it will be posted.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
UPDATE ... great news from Ant ... beginning tonight or tomorrow, those who have already completed the old Lost Chapters mission that was taken through the NPC Jen at the Monria Hub will automatically receive the horns as the upgraded mission reward. They will be placed in your inventory.

Ant decided that we didn't want to make those who completed it already do it all over again. It's a mission that is not done quickly, and perhaps works best as one of those that sits in the background while you do other missions, like the new Monria daily hunting missions.

For those who still need to complete the mission, good luck with your quest.

There were questions asked as to what mob dropped what chapters, etc., and he said that it was never announced what dropped what, but that he thinks it was Angel who told him that all 4 chapters drop from Shubs. It was also the community doing the mission that figured out that basically Chapter 1 drops from Shoggs, Chapter 2 drops from Yogs, Chapter 3 drops from Cultists, Chapter 4 drops from Shubs, and perhaps the Shub may give up all 4 chapters. <-- Shubs do not drop all 4 chapters.

Sometimes it's a fun thing to have a community work together to discover the answers. It's something that was done quite a bit back in the day.

Just enjoy the process and don't stress about it. The drops aren't that frequent, and now with the upgraded reward, they shouldn't be, but rather a reward earned with a bit of work. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I was going to ask about the position of the horns, but with all the hoopla it slipped my mind. :duh

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Hi all, pls could someone confirm that Lost chapters are still lootable after 4.2 VU?
I killed almost 4k shoggots and got nothing, a friend killed 2k+ Shubs and nothing.

Seems a bit strange to say I'd like to get Horns, lol
ty,

DRM

Yes, the chapters are dropping, it's just a rare drop and takes quite a while to get them. I looted Chapter 2 last week on the Yogs, and someone else, or even a few others said they got chapters, but ones they already had.

As a refresher:

Shoggoth = Chapter 1
Yogs = Chapter 2
Cultists = Chapter 3
Shubs = Chapter 4

I'll ask Ant if he can look into the drop rate to see if it's changed, but I know it took those of us who have the horns quite a while to complete the mission. It's one of those missions you let sit in the background while doing the dailies or other things.

Hope this helps. :)

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
Curd, sorry I don't understand your post :sos
I completed "The Monria Arrival" mission first time I came here, but dunno if it's what you ment.
In those days I got 2nd chapter too; now I'm looking for #1, #3 and #4
Tnx again for any help :)

DRM

I think what Curd might have been doing is highlighting the new name of the chapters mission on the mission tracker from what it used to be --> "Monria's Untold Story: Lost Chapters" which was the mission originally taken from Jen at the Monria Hub. For those who didn't take the mission before, the new chapters mission that was renamed that has the upgraded mission reward is now taken from Pinthas at DSEC Forensics.

"The Monria Arrival" mission is mission #2 of our 11 beginner missions and not part of the chapters mission, so I don't think he meant to point that out, but he can respond for himself to clarify.

The point that I have brought up in the in-game chat is that Ant mentioned in the first post of this thread that this new and updated mission "The Order of the Elder Gods" is "the start of a new mission chain" but the progressive missions for this new mission chain have not been revealed and won't be until Ant has each one in place, so something to look forward to.

I hope this helps. :)

craig miller

It's not a easy or "fast", task/feat to obtain chapters.

I have killed roughly 30k L2 Shoggoths and havent seen chapter 1 yet.

So yeah to me it's very very rare drop. :D

GL with the hunting and never give up! :shooting

Took me 5k kills on the bigger ones in the cave to drop a chapter, then I got another after 100 kills. Maybe you'd have better luck with big ones.

Also, I have a bunch of chapter 3 from all the cultist I've done (I'm on my 2nd repeat of the 10k kills mission atm). I would have said they drop about every 3k kills but nothing since the mission update so I think they reduced the drop rate.

DarkMoonEnigma

Virtualsense Official
Staff member
Virtualsense Media Team
VCAT Team Member
I'm going to suggest that if anyone is holding on to additional chapters that they don't need, to please TT them, because it might help them to drop more frequently. There's no use for them, even though they can be traded. You have to loot your own chapters for the mission to update.

Top Bottom